An exciting opportunity exists again this year for nurses wishing to attend the INGID 2020 meeting in Birmingham, UK.
Please read on for further details and don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have further questions or require any support with your application.
- The scholarship is designed to primarily assist nurses who are INGID members, and who wish to further their knowledge of primary immune deficiencies by attending the INGID conference. Preference will be given to those who do not have easy access to education but applications from all nurses working in Immunology will be considered.
- All applicants must be currently employed in a substantive post or a training post within Clinical Immunology.
- The value of each award is up to £1,000 (if travelling from outside Europe) and £600 (if travelling within Europe) and is to cover travel reimbursement and hotel costs.
- There are 2 awards available.
- Successful applicants need to organise their visa (if required to travel to the UK) in good time, and also make all of their own travel arrangements. reimbursement will occur after the conference upto the amounts listed above, and once receipts have been submitted.
- Awardees will be expected to provide a short 10 -15 minute presentation during the conference on their role in PID nursing in their own country. A short report of their experience at the conference to be put on INGID’s web-site will also be requested. if English is not your first language, we will do all that we can to provide support with this, so please do not allow his to be a deterrent.
- All entries will be considered by the INGID Board members.
- Closing date for applications is 30/04/2020
How to apply:
We will be especially interested in nurses who have the potential to make a difference to PID nursing in their home countries after attending the conference.
Please also give details of any visa requirements you will need and approximate costs of travel.